The Middle Creek and Queen of Hearts Duplicate Bridge Clubs
Welcome to the world of duplicate bridge! Our clubs provide a friendly venue for you to enjoy this exciting and
challenging pastime. Try it- you'll like it!
Both of our clubs offer:
• A friendly game atmosphere- our goal is for you to enjoy the game.
• which the primary objective is to enjoy the game.
• We follow ACBL "Zero-Tolerance" guidelines. See "Play Nice" brochure.
• A guaranteed partner for most games (best to email director if you will need a partner).
• Pre-dealt boards using our dealing machine- thus, no delay in starting the game.
• Bridgemate computer scoring- reduces score posting errors and gives instant results.
• Online results are posted on the ACBL website after the game. Includes pair summaries, hand records, and
contracts and results of each board played. Example.
• New and visiting players always warmly welcomed.
SWISS TEAM GAMES IN OCTOBER
Each year in October we are able to schedule a Club Appreciation Swiss Team game at each session that not
only offers extra points but awards 5% gold to all masterpoint winners. Queen of Hearts will be holding their
team games on Monday, Oct. 6, and Wednesday, Oct 8, and Middle Creek will have theirs on Tuesday, Oct
21, and Thursday, Oct 23. Start forming your teams now- if you need a partner or teammates, email Lisa or
LEARN TO PLAY BRIDGE IN A DAY?
Do you have friends or grandchildren who may be interested in learning what all the excitement is about at the
bridge table? The bridge clubs of the Triangle area are sponsoring a one day seminar on Sunday, October
12th, at the Doubletree Hotel in Durham. Only $20 ($25 at the door) and half price for youth. See the
brochure here and pass the information on to your friends.
SOCIAL/NOVICE GAME ON TUESDAYS??
We are thinking about offering a social or novice game at Middle Creek on Tuesday mornings, concurrent with
our regular ACBL game. If you are interested, let Marty know.
Another round of the "Polishing Your Basics" Play and Learn course that many of you enjoyed a few years ago
started in early September on Tuesday afternoons at Middle Creek and 35 enthusiastic players have attended
the classes. It's not to late to join the fun- just be there at 2:00. For more information, see the brochure here.