The Middle Creek and Queen of Hearts Duplicate Bridge Clubs
Welcome to the world of duplicate bridge! Our clubs provide a friendly venue for you to enjoy this exciting and
challenging pastime. Try it- you'll like it!
Both of our clubs offer:
• A friendly game atmosphere- our goal is for you to enjoy the game.
• which the primary objective is to enjoy the game.
• We follow ACBL "Zero-Tolerance" guidelines. See "Play Nice" brochure.
• A guaranteed partner for most games (best to email director if you will need a partner).
• Pre-dealt boards using our dealing machine- thus, no delay in starting the game.
• Bridgemate computer scoring- reduces score posting errors and gives instant results.
• Online results are posted on the ACBL website after the game. Includes pair summaries, hand records, and
contracts and results of each board played. Example.
• New and visiting players always warmly welcomed.
LYNDA AND MARILYN LEAD THE NATION IN ICC GAME!
Congratulations to Lynda Mowery and Marilyn Vanderlugt for their outstanding performance in last Tuesday's
Interclub Championship game. After matchpointing their results with the 130 tables in the competition, they
were first among pairs with less than 1750 mastepoints, and 2nd overall, earning 7.37 masterpoints. Doug
Thomson and Harold Albrecht were 12th overall and 3rd in B, earning 3.67 Mp. We are all very proud of you.
MIDDLE CREEK SCHEDULE
We had 14 tables at Thursday's quarterly Swiss Team game. Bill Herold, Paul Fantz, Ken Dye and Betsy
Mebane edged out the Marie and Val Eikinas, Claudia Pattison, Dorothy Lamberty team for first overall. Barb
Trotto, Carole Hentz, Donna Buchan and Marcia Carson were first among the non-Life Masters.
Swiss Team game again this Tuesday- Grand National Teams qualifier awards 1/2 red points and 1/2 black.
Let Marty know if you need a partner or teammates and he will match you up. Thursday is a Charity Club
Championship game with extra masterpoints for the winners.
SOCIAL/NOVICE GAME ON TUESDAYS??
We are thinking about offering a social or novice game at Middle Creek on Tuesday mornings, concurrent with
our regular ACBL game. If you are interested, let Marty know.
Another round of the "Polishing Your Basics" Play and Learn course that many of you enjoyed a few years ago
started last Tuesday afternoon at Middle Creek and 21 enthusiastic players showed up. It's not to late to join
the fun- just be there at 2:00. For more information, see the brochure here.
Several other learning opportunities are going to be offered in the Triangle area this fall for beginners, novices
and intermediates. Click on the bridge lessons button on the right to learn more.
AUGUST STaC RESULTS:
Between MC and QOH, 60 Cary players earned 106 points during the four games. See the combined silver
point total here. Official results for the entire week can be seen here.